How can I calculate my TDEE -Total Daily Energy Expenditure- using my BMR? | Fitness - FAQ

How can I calculate my TDEE -Total Daily Energy Expenditure- using my BMR?

This is simple.First you have to calculate your BMR.Then you can calculate your TDEE using the Harris-Benedict Principle.

Choose your activity level from the following and calculate your daily calorie need.


Little to no exercise:
Calories you need per day to maintain your current weight=BMR x 1.2


Light exercise (1–3 days per week):
Calories you need per day to maintain your current weight=BMR x 1.375


Moderate exercise (3–5 days per week):
Calories you need per day to maintain your current weight=BMR x 1.55


Heavy exercise (6–7 days per week):
Calories you need per day to maintain your current weight=BMR x 1.725


Very heavy exercise (twice per day, extra heavy workouts):
Calories you need per day to maintain your weight=BMR x 1.9

Too Lazy?Here's a tool to calculate the amount of calories you need per day to maintain your current weight (i.e Your TDEE).

Related:
How to calculate my BMR
What is TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure
What is BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate


No comments:

Post a Comment